User / Group overrides and release of Quiz grades

by Joost Elshoff -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Hi all!

Just wondering if the following is expected behaviour (feature) or a bug:

In a quiz set up to be taken by various groups at their own overridden start and end dates, it is impossible to release the grades as soon as the group override closes.

Example:

• Group A takes the quiz on Monday between 15:00 and 17:00
  • Group B takes the same quiz on Tuesday between 09:00 and 11:00

There's no Quiz closes on date set at activity level, only in each group override. As there is no time/date set in Timing for the quiz settings, the last column in Review options remains greyed out. This causes the grades to not be released. 

If I do set up a Quiz closes on date in the Timing settings of the Quiz, this always determines when the grades are released. The override has no effect on the release of the grade: the activity's main settings determine when the grades become visible to each participant.

Expected behaviour would be that the group or user override 'Quiz closes on' also affect the release of the grades.

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
In reply to Joost Elshoff

Re: User / Group overrides and release of Quiz grades

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Joost. I remember this tracker issue from some time ago and wondered if this was connected? /MDL-59077
Average of ratings:Useful (1)
In reply to Joost Elshoff

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Joost, this just happened to me too! I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out why the Review link was greyed out for students with a closing date override, even though I had it enabled in the quiz settings. If the ticket Mary posted isn't related, consider making a new one and posting it here so I can give it my vote! We need a way to 'lock' the quiz down for some users but NOT remove their ability to review their old attempt.