Regrade Attempts

Regrade Attempts

by Alison Wright -
Number of replies: 19

Have made some quizzes and was testing them as a student.

When I went back in as Admin I had a look at the reports and they were all correct.  BUT...I then hit the 'Regrade Attempts' tab out of curiosity to see what that was all about and now when I view the quiz report the scores for the students are all wrong!!! mixed

When I click to view their individual attempts though, the questions are marked correctly still (that was some relief to me).  Really need to fix this but I don't know how - can anybody help me please???

I'm using Moodle 1.5.2 + (2005060222) on Linux.

Ali

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alison Wright

Re: Regrade Attempts

by Frederic Pouyot -
Has a similar experience, and had to go into the database and manually re-enter all the marks. I hope 1.6 will address this.

In reply to Frederic Pouyot

by Gustav W Delius -
Alison and Frederic, I would like to investigate this problem you are reporting. Can you please give more details in the bug tracker on how I can reproduce this problem? Thanks.

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

by Gustav W Delius -
Dave, thank you very much for this bug report. I will go and fix that regrading script.
In reply to Gustav W Delius

In reply to Deleted user

by Gustav W Delius -
Thank you Dave, this is now fixed in Moodle 1.6. In Moodle 1.5 I have disabled regrading for those quizzes that use this feature to base new attempts on previous ones.

By the way, usually running quizzes in "adaptive" mode is preferable to using the "Each attempt builds on the last" option because then students can reattempt a wrong question immediately rather than having to do all other questions first before starting a new attempt.

In reply to Deleted user

by Alison Wright -

Hi Gustav

Thanks for all your work into this.

Unfortunately, I don't have a test environment to use this in.  We've now gone live - so I dont want to upset people by 'regrading' their scores.

The quizzes settings are:

• allow unlimited attempts
  • no adaptive mode
  • not building on last attempt
  • loading in a secure window

Our Moodle is hosted on a server with MySQL 5, PHP 5 (not sure what Apache version).

Is there anyway I can 'hide' the regrade attempts button so that teachers don't click it?

Ali

by Gustav W Delius -
Hi Alison,

could you create a test course on your Moodle, enrol a few dummy students and try to reproduce the phenomenon. That would certainly help us, if you have found a problem then this certainly needs to be fixed.

by Homam Said -

I need help, i installed moodle 1.5, and i set a quiz, after the quiz i fix some answers and regrad attampt. i need to retirive the marks. please help

by Abraham Carrillo -
Hi Everyone,

I have some problems with Quiz Mode in Moodle 1.5.3+. I've installed on PHP5 and MYSQL 5.

When I ask for a "Regrade attempts", this no display anything, the tables has a data. Any ideas about this?

Any change.

Thanks a lot.

Abraham
In reply to Abraham Carrillo

by Abraham Carrillo -
Hi Everyone,

I think the problem is in regrade/report.php ? Any patch?

Greetings.

Abraham

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Moodle 1.5.3 is a very old version. Why not upgrade to at least 1.6 or the latest 1.8?
Joseph
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Abraham Carrillo -
hehehe, I know a large large history...

I upgrade the next week to 1.8.

by Thomas Eibel -
Regrading and adding comment works perfect in moodle 1.8.3 - except for questions, that are assigned to a test by random from a pool of questions.
This is tracked in http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-4004.
Perhaps you want to vote for this issue ...
best regards, thomas eibel

In reply to Thomas Eibel

by Francisco Garzón -
Hello,

I'm experiencing a similar problem when using quizz regrading in v1.6.2 under linux. Prepared a quizz with 15 numerical questions randomly drawn with only one attempt permitted. After the activity finished, 19 students were able to complete the quizz and I could review their scores which looked OK. After a short while, I discovered a mistake by myself in the stated correct answer to one of the questions. Changed it and regraded. After that, all the grades were set to 0 though the individual answers to the questions remained correctly stored and graded. That is to say, a given student mark was 0 in the quizz, while when checking his detailed score, each question was properly evaluated and the due points assigned. Only the overall sum was set to 0 in all cases.

I've read in the forums similar problems and people reported that the only solution was to enter into the database and re-enter the grades manually. I'm new to Moodle so don't know how to do this. Have to say that I'm teacher not administrator.

Any help?

Thanks,

Paco
In reply to Francisco Garzón

by Thomas Eibel -
This happens e.g. if the test is already closed - means, the closing time for the test lies in the past. Try to set the closing time for the test into the future, and regrade then. Maybe this solves your issue.
best regards, thomas
In reply to Thomas Eibel

by Francisco Garzón -
Great! It works. Now the grades are correct and are kept after reseting back the closing time to the past.

Thanks a lot.

Paco
In reply to Thomas Eibel

by Bent Laursen -
I've had the same problem in Mooddle 1.8.2 and am really grateful for your information!

Am I to understand that upgrading to 1.8.3 will solve the problem?

Thanks a lot,
Bent