Participant search engine for the teacher

Participant search engine for the teacher

by Kate James -
Number of replies: 3

Hello everyone! I have a case: participant search engine for the teacher. From the platform, not from the course...
I need the teacher to search for his participants in all his courses. I have a lot on the platform courses, sometimes it is necessary to search by name. I wonder if it can be done with permissions and connect to .../admin/user.php or ....user/index.php?id=1.
Do you have any ideas on how this can be achieved?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kate James

Re: Participant search engine for the teacher

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Hi Kate,
Consider duplicating your Manager role and remove many of the permissions that wont be needed for this use case, but keep just the ones that will allow the role to access
 "Site administration - Users - Accounts - Browse list of users" -- then you have to assign your teachers this site-level role

You will first want to assign a test-user to this site-level role and do some trial an error with removing permissions until you get what you need. 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to John Provasnik

Odp: Re: Participant search engine for the teacher

by Kate James -
Hi John,
thank for Your help. This solution will make the teacher see all users of the site in the search engine. I want to search only by participants in all of his (teacher's) courses. The teacher can't see accounts of participants with no classes.
In reply to Kate James

Odp: Re: Participant search engine for the teacher

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
I recommend then that you create a homeroom course (it can be hidden from students) per teacher with all of their students enrolled (easily done via an SIS system to create a CSV file)
Average of ratings: Useful (1)