Grader Report not exporting all columns?

Grader Report not exporting all columns?

by Gerald Crumbley -
Number of replies: 6

We've added a new column to our User Profile that shows up in the Grader Report page "Employee ID". However, when we export that file the "Employee ID" column is not included. Please advise . . . 

from screenshot:

From the exported report:

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gerald Crumbley

Re: Grader Report not exporting all columns?

by Luis de Vasconcelos -
Is that Employee ID field a custom profile field in Moodle? Or did you add that field by modifying the Moodle code?

Are there any profile fields in Moodle that you are NOT using for anything, e.g. one of the Optional fields? If there are then you could consider using that field for your "Employee ID". Use the Language String functionality to rename the label of the field that you choose to "Employee ID".
In reply to Luis de Vasconcelos

by Gerald Crumbley -

It is a custom field, no code modification.

I don't understand why there would be a need for a workaround. If the field shows in Moodle, why doesn't it export to the file?

by Matt T -
You can configure the custom profile fields that display in the exported grader report in Site Administration --> Grades --> General Settings --> Grade export custom profile fields (grade_export_customprofilefields). Enter the custom profile field's short name (as defined in the custom profile fields section in site administration). If you want to add multiple custom profile fields, the list must be comma-separated.

FYI: you probably would have got more attention asking this question in the general help forum, as this forum is for issues relating to installing and upgrading Moodle.
In reply to Matt T

by Gerald Crumbley -

Wow! that was so simple . . . . 

I thought I looked everywhere for this setting . . .  obviously, not.

why would they put a Grader Report setting under General, and not under Grader Report Settings? That makes no sense to me . . . .good grief . . . . .

In reply to Matt T

by Gerald Crumbley -

Sorry about the wrong forum post . . . .

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Moderator note: No worries Gerald, I have moved the discussion thread to the General help forum as suggested by Matt.