Strange behaviour of new user registration when using ' profilefield_associated'

Strange behaviour of new user registration when using ' profilefield_associated'

by Nurbek Tentiev -
Number of replies: 0

Noticed strange issue with saving user profile fields for self-registered users.

I use the profilefield_associated plugin on moodle 3.10.2 and created two custom fields to display them on the registration form. Both are associated with standard ones ('Institution' and 'Mobile phone') and the "Use original" setting also enabled for those associated fields.

field associated with 'Institution' - required.

field associated with 'Mobile phone' - optional.

Interesting thing is that for some new user registrations the 'Institution' and 'Mobile phone' are not saved (the fields are empty on the Edit profile page), while I can see them on the page for viewing the profile.

What I could figure out is that, if user filled in both associated fields when registering, then there is a problem. If user entered only the required one ('Institution') and missed the optional 'Mobile phone', then 'Institution' is saved and available in both Edit and View pages.

Is this the problem of Moodle or the plugin?

Average of ratings: -