invalidrecord error after a failed upgrade

invalidrecord error after a failed upgrade

by Sergio Lobera -
Number of replies: 3

Hi! How are you?

I'm using  Moodle 3.8.2 (Build 20200502)

I am running this on a cloud instance, have 2 nginx with moodle installed and the mysql and storage (moodledata) are outside the httpd servers.

I was trying to upgrade so I stopped one of my servers (have a load balancer at the beginning) and I proceed to try to upgrade, downloaded the tarball file and made all the steps.

Unfortunately, the MySQL server where the database is located it's running MySQL instead of MariaDB, so when I tried to start the upgrade from the GUI it said "Mariadb 10.2 or something like that needed you are running MySQL 5.7 blah blah)

So I just moved again the previous moodle folder to /var/www/html and started the nginx server again.

If you enter to public courses without a user, it works just fine.

The problem is when you are logged in and you enter to any course, you will see "invalidrecord error"

I already tried to run several times the cron.php file but it stills says that, any suggestion please ?

Thanks a lot

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sergio Lobera

Re: invalidrecord error after a failed upgrade

by Sergio Lobera -
Just in case, I enabled developer mode to see the errors, and this is what I see:

File: /lib/dml/moodle_database.php
Line: 1562

SELECT * FROM {external_functions} WHERE name = ?
[array (
0 => 'core_output_load_fontawesome_icon_system_map',
)]
Error code: invalidrecord
* line 1562 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: dml_missing_record_exception thrown
* line 1538 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->get_record_select()
* line 73 of /lib/externallib.php: call to moodle_database->get_record()
* line 185 of /lib/externallib.php: call to external_api::external_function_info()
* line 79 of /lib/ajax/service.php: call to external_api::call_external_function()
* line 33 of /lib/ajax/service-nologin.php: call to require_once()

by Sergio Lobera -
Solved this by running the cache purge.
Thanks !

by Dave Emsley -
Can you clarify how you did that as I have the same error but it won't go away.

Cheers

Dave