Database Activity and displaying empty checkboxes

Database Activity and displaying empty checkboxes

by Suzanne Thomas -
Number of replies: 1

Kia ora/hello all

We are using the Database activity to keep a log of student's practical experience whilst on placement.  There is a long list of checkbox options, the hours spent and comments are also recorded:

The issue is a null checkbox.  When this is UNCHECKED, we still want to display the checkbox name in List and Single views -  so the student and teacher can identify what they still need to do.  I feel this needs an if statement for example: if Quadchkbox.checked = false, then display "Quad activity not yet completed".  Or something similar smile

I have tried to write some Javascript in the template area, to no avail.  We cannot make core changes.  Really struggling to find any documentation on this, and have searched high and low through online Moodle Database examples. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Ngā mihi/ regards
Suzanne

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Suzanne Thomas

Re: Database Activity and displaying empty checkboxes

by William Lu -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Workaround: Change checkbox to text field only, make it required. For example, text Filed name=Quad*.
So, your student must enter something (in the filed description, tell them to enter "not yet completed").

If you can install a plugin, the Checklist is better to suit your need.