Quiz Excel import

Quiz Excel import

by Rudi Donne -
Number of replies: 18

I have programmed a format.php to import multichoice questions of any type from a simple flat list created in excel. You can save this list as xls and import it in a quiz. Maybe this is usefull to someone?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rudi Donne

Re: Quiz Excel import

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Could be!

This should really be in the quiz forum. Please attach your format.php and some example data.

Can you also say what motivated you to develop this. Why is it better/different to something like the GIFT format? smile
In reply to Howard Miller

by Rudi Donne -
Because anyone can fill in some cells in Excel. How many people are familar with GIFT? I have to clean up some code to make it look nice. I will post it ASAP with an example.
In reply to Rudi Donne

by Stephan Becker -
Hi Rudi,

Please keep me updated whee I can find your solution - I am not very familiar with GIFT - but Excel I know and would love to be able back-uping and exporting quizzes easily.

Thank you very much,
Stephan
In reply to Rudi Donne

by sumanth A -
Hi Rudi,
I am not familiar with the gift format for to import the questions into quiz.  I will be glad to use your excel format.
Waiting for the code and example of yours.
Thanks,
sumanth.
In reply to Rudi Donne

by Roland Gesthuizen -

Any thought towards creating an export to the ODC (Open Document XML file format) an open standard for spreadsheets? We probably should consider Moodle export options beyond doc and xls. Just a thought..

In reply to Rudi Donne

by Dennis Daniels -
I would find your script very useful!

I've been working on forms to allow students to create their own test questions. The form data is delivered in Excel so I had been trying to work out a GIFT converter script...

The T/F form is here:
http://jotform.com/form/6524117422

I created a multiple choice form here:
http://jotform.com/form/6653145422

I can give the form code to anyone interested, ultimately I would like to have something similar integrated into Moodle as a module.

Here are some screencasts on why students should be creating their own questions and how it could be done...

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=jotform

In reply to Dennis Daniels

by Stephan Becker -
Hi Dennis,

Yes, I would be interested in this form code - we have secondary schools in the Caribbean taking our coral reef course for free - and wanting to add questions to the quizz.

I suppose your form code also sends the entered info to an Excel document - or how does it work?

Why do you show us two similar - yet different forms?

I guess I will give all to my web developer who should be able to better understand what to do with it and how to make it work...

Thank you very much!
Stephan 

sbecker@beautifuloceans.com

In reply to Rudi Donne

Re: Quiz Excel import: An example please

by Pierre Pichet -
Do you use simple text in your questions or all the possibilities in text formatting of a  cell in excel ( font ,size , color, list , etc including HTML)?
I have recently debug the import webct/format.php for the various question types in webct including multichoice. the webct fromat is a flat .txt file.
see http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=41743
Multichoice question examples in  your excel sheet format will be appreciated.

In reply to Rudi Donne

by Daniel Quesada -

Hi, I have a question about this and perhaps you can help me:

I wish use Moodle for the Spanish driving schools. I have a lot of tests written in HTML, and the students can check online their errors clicking a button (via Javascript), Here is a example:

http://autoescuela.fox-terrier.es/test/test.htm

Well,my question is: Can I use that tests and get the reports on the style of the Quiz module of Moodle, or can I adapt that tests to anything compatible with the Quiz? Thank you very much

And where is the excell script??pensativo

In reply to Daniel Quesada

by Timothy Takemoto -
Dear Daniel Quesada
As things stand you would need to convert your tests into one of the moodle importable formats. Do you only have them in html? Did you write them in html? If you have a script for the test before they were converted to html that would probably be easier to convert to a Moodle format than the html pages themselves.
In reply to Timothy Takemoto

by Daniel Quesada -

Thanks Timothy for your answer, but I make the tests in HTML (via Dreamweaver), but if you know how help me, please suggest me what to do, because I don´t know what to do

Thanks

In reply to Daniel Quesada

by Petr Kalis -
Isn't there possibility to export from Dreamweaver to SCORM? (Just guessing on quick googling).
PK