Restricting Access is working for Teacher but not student

Restricting Access is working for Teacher but not student

by Johannes Almer -
Number of replies: 3

Dear Forum,

Access restriction is not working for students. I have an activity with Activity completion and as a teacher i see, that I'm not allowd to make the next activity due to Restrict access (see screenshot)

But a student doesn't see these restrictions. I tried with changing the role and with a dummy account. Although the students hasn't completed the first acitivity, he can open the next.

I tried with ignoreavailabilityrestrictions but this also doesn't help.

It is a clean moodle 3.10 + installation.

Thanks for your help

Johannes Almer

Attachment moodle_prerequisite.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Johannes Almer

Re: Restricting Access is working for Teacher but not student

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
It is pretty hard to really help here as I don't speak German(??). But you have not shown any of the activity settings here which is where the completion and restrictions are set....you need to set the completion criteria for the first activity and then add a restriction to the second activity based on the completion of the first activity - have you done that?
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Johannes Almer -
Dear Emma,

thanks for your help. I didn't want to change the whole locale during school time, but now i found to change it for one course.

As a teacher.
I acitvated Completion and Grading for H5P
I set afterwards Restrictions to the next acitivity
But students can still see the acitivity without any restrictions

See the attached en-Screenshot

We recentyl also updated to 3.10.3, but no change
Attachment Bildschirmfoto_2021-04-07_10-57-42.png
In reply to Johannes Almer

by Johannes Almer -
Dear Users,

i found the bug in my system. We use the authentification by MS Office via OAuth2 and all students have the role user.
For this role Capabilities/moodle/course:ignoreavailabilityrestrictions was set to true.

Thanks for the help
Average of ratings: Useful (1)