Brainstorm/feature request: students take their own attendance

Brainstorm/feature request: students take their own attendance

by Jacob Kier -
Number of replies: 2
A fellow instructor and I were talking the other day about an attendance module that would allow students to take their own attendance in courses that are taught in computer labs.  The student comes to class, logs in to Moodle, and then has a block where they click a button indicating they are present.

Of course there would have to be some security/restrictions built into it.  The student could only be counted present if they clicked the button during the class period (or maybe they are automatically counted present during the beginning of the period and late later on).  There would also need to be some ability to restrict the IP address of the computer the student is using to mark their attendance.

Anybody else have any thoughts on this?  We'd love to see this sort of functionality added to one of the attendance modules.

Jacob
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jacob Kier

Re: Brainstorm/feature request: students take their own attendance

by Dmitry Pupinin -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers
Thanks Jacobe!
I'm planing add taking attendance himself by students.
In reply to Jacob Kier

Re: Brainstorm/feature request: students take their own attendance

by George Abernathy -

I need to check for physical presence.  A password given and a log in to an activity would work. Another password for leaving. 

It could be done as an activity. It would be nice to see the results displayed in what time /date  logged in out.