curl PHP extension and php extension intl will not load cuasing install failure moodle 3.10.1

curl PHP extension and php extension intl will not load cuasing install failure moodle 3.10.1

by Sonny Herrick -
Number of replies: 2

I installed Apache 2.4.46 64bit, PHP 7.4.15, mariadb latest version and Moodle 3.10.1+ as individual components for a production server on Windows 19 server. I am not using xampp, wamp or other installers. I have uncommented the curl and intl  extensions and still am unable to install Moodle past this point. DLL are present in the PHP ext folder. Have tried everything I can find. Am I missing something? 

must be installed and enabled
The cURL PHP extension is now required by Moodle, in order to communicate with Moodle repositories.

php_extension intl must be installed and enabled Intl extension is required to improve internationalization support, such as locale aware sorting and international domain names.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sonny Herrick

Re: curl PHP extension and php extension intl will not load cuasing install failure moodle 3.10.1

by Leon Stringer -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

If you use the command prompt, change to the folder containing PHP and run php -v and php -i | more it may show an error which may help you identify the issue.

For intl: Have you got the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio installed corresponding to the PHP build? From the PHP download page:

VC15 & VS16

More recent versions of PHP are built with VC15 or VS16 (Visual Studio 2017 or 2019 compiler respectively) and include improvements in performance and stability.

- The VC15 and VS16 builds require to have the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015-2019 x64 or x86 installed

It'll (surely!) be the 64-bit ("x64") version  you want.

For curl: I always add the PHP folder to the system path. I think this is because the OpenSSL libraries depend on DLLs in the PHP folder. Maybe Curl depends on OpenSSL working so try adding the PHP folder to the path.

In my experience PHP with Apache on Microsoft Windows isn't very reliable, I always recommend using IIS instead (which needs the non-thread safe PHP build). YMMV.

In reply to Leon Stringer

Re: curl PHP extension and php extension intl will not load cuasing install failure moodle 3.10.1

by Sonny Herrick -

Thanks Leon. Sorry for the late response. I added the PHP folder to the system path and fixed the problem.