Received Invalidresponse when non-editing teacher try to grade student post from different group

Received Invalidresponse when non-editing teacher try to grade student post from different group

by Yu-cheng Chang -
Number of replies: 0

Hello,

We ran into an issue when non-editing teacher tries to grade students' forum posts and received "invalidresponse" error.

Each non-editing teacher is assigned to just one group, and the non-editing teacher is only seeing posts from the assigned group. (this is the expected behaviour)

However, when non-editing teacher tries to grade the posts, all students' post shows up and caused Moodle to generate invalidreponse error because he/she is not able to view the post from another group.

We are running Moodle 3.9.4+ STABLE version (Build: 20210226)

Has anyone experienced the same issue? I am hoping that I have explained the issue clearly enough for you to understand.

Please see the following images:

1. When non-editing teacher is grading post from the same group

2. When non-editing teacher moves on to next student, it doesn't move to the next student in the same group, but move on to the next student in the course. If this next student is not in the same group as the non-editing teacher, the invalid response error appears.

Stack trace:

discussions => Invalid response value detected: posts => Invalid response value detected: userposts => Invalid response detected: timecreated => Invalid response value detected: Invalid external api response: the value is "" of PHP type "NULL", the server was expecting "int" type

Error code: invalidresponse

*line 459 of /lib/externallib.php: invalid_response_exception thrown
*line 267 of /lib/externallib.php: call to external_api::clean_returnvalue()
*line 81 of /lib/ajax/service.php: call to external_api::call_external_function()

I have reported this issue to Moodle TrackerMDL-71057

Average of ratings: Useful (1)