Restrict access to course while taking the quiz

Restrict access to course while taking the quiz

by Patryk Podgórny -
Number of replies: 3
Hi All.

We are building internal knowledge base for our company as moodle platform with examination and certification.
The knowledge we would like to share with participants is not widely available in the net so restrictions during exam seems to be justified in that case.

As far as i know from the documentation and forums, there are no working, in-built solutions to restrict access to the course while attempting the quiz. And because of linux users we can not use SEB. We are aware that the modern technological possibilities and the availability of mobile devices will not allow us to fully protect from dishonest (or smart) students but this solution would stop them at least a little from cheating.

Our idea is that every in-platform URL linked to the course materials (outside the quiz) is redirected back to quiz until attempt is submitted or time ended. It would also redirect streight to the quiz after relog.

Has anybody found similar solution? Do someone know where to find such plugin or PHP scripts? Or do you have any other idea of how to restrict access to the course during quiz?

I am hoping for your help and thank you for your time.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Patryk Podgórny

Re: Restrict access to course while taking the quiz

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
...and once they know this is the case they will just download the materials to their computer so they can refer to it while taking these quizzes.

These "how do I protect my stuff" type questions never end well. Once you put it on the web then you can't. If you *really* want to do this you could look at online proctoring solutions. Note that these are *very * intrusive and probably won't be appreciated by your staff
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I am also interesting in this functionality. Consider creating a Moodle Tracker for this functionality. If you post the tracker information here, I will vote for it.

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Linux clients, therefore no SEB? Have you looked at "Full screen pop-up with some JavaScript security" https://docs.moodle.org/311/en/Quiz_settings#Extra_restrictions_on_attempts ?

The client devices are managed by the company, I understand. If they belong to the users, and the users are somehwere, where a supervisor can not look over their shoulders, you have no chance. That is not a Moodle problem, but how the web is built.

BTW, saw the duplicate in the Polish forum Ograniczenie dostępu do materiałów podczas quizu. If you have to multi-post, please at least mention it in both and also suggest where the follow-up should be.