Quiz: Ordering questions manually.

Quiz: Ordering questions manually.

by Pablo Ferrer -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

I have 2 question bank categories (imported from Aiken format), one for each topic.

I would like to make a quiz with both categories. The two options for ordering questions I've found are 1) Alphabetical order 2) Random order.

Is there any way to order the questions within the quiz, first listing the topic 1 questions and then the topic 2 questions instead mixing them? Is there any way to reorder the questions manually within a quiz?

PS: Please, avoid adding question numbers at the begging of each question manually (1. 2. 3. etc.) as I would like to reuse them for another quizzes and that solution would be a mess.

Thank you in advance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Pablo Ferrer

Re: Quiz: Ordering questions manually.

by Beatriz Rojo -
Hello Pablo,
I think you're talking about how questions are listed in the Question Bank. In a quiz, you can order the questions manually. When you create a quiz and click on the gear icon>Edit quiz, you see this screen:

There, you can add questions and move them. Only if you select Shuffle, the questions are mixed (you might also need to configure it or not in the quiz settings, I always forget how it works). You can add section headers if you want to make this organization more clear.
Even if you use random selection, the questions will be randomly selected within a category, but the sequence will not be mixed.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Beatriz Rojo

Re: Quiz: Ordering questions manually.

by Pablo Ferrer -
Hola Beatriz,

So the issue is I'm using a theme that doesn't show up these "move" icons at the left of each question. I will contact the developer ASAP.

Thank you very much for your answer.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)