Chat Daemon Problem - On Bluehost

Chat Daemon Problem - On Bluehost

by Antony Richards -
Number of replies: 3

After searching through these forums I have not yet found a workable solution to my problem. I can not seem to get the chat daemon to run properly. That is, I think that the daemon itself is running (I loaded it with ampersand from shell – with no errors) but when I enter one of my chat rooms I receive a DNS error in both frames. An issue that may make my case unique is the fact that I am running three moodles on one server – each with a separate installation above the public_html folder. In addition, I have two courses with groups (two each). I am pretty sure that the problem is in my chat settings (ie. chat_serverhost: setting). Any and all help would be much appreciated as the normal chat mode is putting a lot of pressure on my Bluehost server.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Antony Richards

Re: Chat Daemon Problem - On Bluehost

by Matt Gibson -
Are all the daemons using different ports?

In reply to Matt Gibson

by Antony Richards -
To the best of my knowledge, I only have two daemons running: the chat and the mail.  Is there a shell command that will tell me  which daemons are running and on which ports?
In reply to Antony Richards

by Matt Gibson -
Yes, there is.

netstat -tap

this will list all the running programs listening for tcp traffic and on what ports.