Semi-random draw from the question bank

Semi-random draw from the question bank

by Valentin Famelart -
Number of replies: 3

Hi everyone,

I'm a Moodle referent at my job and a teacher came to me with a specifique demand : He basically want to draw questions from the bank by taking into account questions drawn from others banks.

Here's what he want :

Category X : Questions A and B
Category A : 3 questions
Category B : 3 questions

If you draw randomly question A, then draw all the questions in category A after that
If you draw randomly question B, then draw all the questions in category B after that

Is it possible ? As far as I know, each question is treated individually in a Test, you can't draw a question based on other questions already drawn.

Thanks in advance, and good day.

Val

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Valentin Famelart

Re: Semi-random draw from the question bank

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
I don't think Moodle (or any other LMS) can do this. However, there is this Tracker item, MDL-40991, that requests the ability to randomly pick quizzes. Consider voting for it. In your case, the feature request would allow you would create two quizzes, one with Question A and three randomly picked questions from Category A, and then one quiz with Question B, and three randomly picked question from Category B. Then, Moodle would randomly deliver either quiz A or B.
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Valentin Famelart -
Hi Rick, thank you for your answer. I'll find another way with my teacher and I'll vote for this item. Have a nice day !
In reply to Valentin Famelart

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Another approach is similar to what I said above. Right now, create two quizzes based upon A and B, then, using groups, randomly put students into two groups, A and B. Finally, make each quiz only available to one of the groups.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)