Add Course to Category

Add Course to Category

by Jon Sellnow -
Number of replies: 2

Apologies but I don't know what version of Moodle I have, and I do not see the "Notifications" button to find this. I am using an online account that I access using Chrome.

I created a new Category, created a new Course, and uploaded the SCORM package for the course. The course is working perfectly, but it is not linking to the Category. I can search for and find the Course, but it doesn't show up under the Category.

Am I missing something? Did I do something wrong? Everything I've read and all the videos I've watched it seems like it should be showing up. As you can guess....I'm new to this.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jon Sellnow

Re: Add Course to Category

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Hi Jon,

If you'd open the course, then go to cogwheel > Edit settings, you should be able to find what category it was added to in the General section of the course settings. With enough permissions, you could then move it to the correct category, by selecting it in the dropdown menu.
In reply to Joost Elshoff

Re: Add Course to Category

by Jon Sellnow -
Thank you for the help, Joost.

I have that set to the correct Category, but it still is not appearing. I am beginning to wonder if it is a permissions issue. I have a Manager account with added privileges. I can create a Category, a Course, assign roles, upload SCORM packages, etc. The Course is there, and fully functional, it just isn't showing up under the Category.