Any way to speed up repetitive course duplication work where dates need changing?

Any way to speed up repetitive course duplication work where dates need changing?

by B H -
Number of replies: 0

This is a bit of speculative one but I thought I'd ask just in case someone has found a solution for what I suspect is a very common problem.

We run many identical courses each year. For each course we duplicate a Template Course and then...

• Manually update the date written in each lesson description and the Access Restriction date for each lesson
  • In each lesson manually update several automated email activities (sent via the Re-Engagement plugin) with correct dates in the Access Restrictions, Email Body and Email Subject fields.

All this manual updating of dates takes at least a day's work per course, is liable to human error and seems like a big waste of time.

Has anybody found a solution to automate this kind of work?

In an ideal world we would just type in the new lesson dates once and a plugin or script would update the relevant fields throughout the course with the correct dates using simple rules like "5 days before the lesson", "2 days before the following lesson".

(It's worth mentioning: we're a small company and can't fund the creation of a complex new plugin but could potentially pay someone to write us an automation script if this looks like a very simple job.)

Average of ratings: -