Courses import php file

Courses import php file

by Tim Widdup -
Number of replies: 4

Hi, I know this is probably too much to ask, but I've recently inherited a Moodle system from my predecessor and I've been tasked with importing the courses from our main student database system, ProSolution for the 21/22 academic year.  Apparently, I can do this by running a php script called pro-courses.php on our Moodle test server.  I've tried doing this and although the script output has said that it's added around 60 courses, to Moodle, no courses are showing for the 21/22 academic year within Moodle.  Has anyone got experience of doing this sort of thing?

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tim Widdup

Re: Courses import php file

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Unfortunately, I'm guessing that's a custom script of some sort. Its not part of core Moodle
In reply to Tim Widdup

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
In addition to Howard's answer: you could check to see if there were any new courses created, directly in the database (using Adminer), and check in which category those new courses (if any) ended up being created.

Have you contacted this vendor to see if they helped develop this script?
In reply to Joost Elshoff

by Tim Widdup -
Hi, thanks for the reply. It's using MariaDB, which again I'm not sure about, as I'm a SQL guy! I'm not sure what you mean by 'Adminer', but I guess I can try to get into MariaDB and see what's going on.

Thanks again.