Quiz attempt not closed/submitted even though it should close after being overdue

Quiz attempt not closed/submitted even though it should close after being overdue

von Stanko Pelc -
Anzahl Antworten: 0

Hello Moodle community!

I am using Moodle 3.9.2 (Build: 20200914) and I usually chose the quizzes to close and answers to submit automatically after the time expires. It usually works fine but today I had one attempt with time overdue and answers not submitted. This is what happened:

• The quiz attempt with id 'XXXX' belonging to the quiz with course module id 'ZZZZ' for the user with id 'YYYY' became overdue.
  • The user with id 'NNNN' has viewed the summary for the attempt with id 'XXXX' belonging to the user with id 'YYYY' for the quiz with course module id 'ZZZZ'.
  • -
Normally it should be like this:
  • The quiz attempt with id 'TTTT' belonging to the quiz with course module id 'ZZZZ' for the user with id 'MMMM' became overdue.
  • The user with id 'MMMM' has viewed the summary for the attempt with id 'TTTT' belonging to the user with id 'MMMM' for the quiz with course module id 'ZZZZ'.
  • The user with id 'MMMM' has submitted the attempt with id 'TTTT' for the quiz with course module id 'ZZZZ'.
Can somebody explain what went wrong in the first case and how to avoid that to happen?

Thank you very much!
Stanko Pelc