I need help

I need help

by Tuqa Alhilfi -
Number of replies: 9

I would like to provide a research proposal on the types of questions that can be added or improved in Moodle.

What kind of questions can I add or how do I improve the existing ones programmatically?. I ask to advise me if possible.

With Regards,

Tuqa Alhilfi

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tuqa Alhilfi

Re: I need help

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
The question type research project I would like to try, if I have the time, which I don't, is to take this question type (https://moodle.org/plugins/qtype_recordrtc) where students can record audio for manual grading, and experiment to see what types of automatic grading of audio are possible.

In the realm of music, it should be possible to grade pitch or rhythm.

In the world of languages, you might be able to test pronunciation by feeding the audio to speech recognition software.

There might be other ideas too.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Tuqa Alhilfi -
Thanks for your answer,
can you give me more details? and give me other ideas, please.

In reply to Tuqa Alhilfi

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I would browse the Moodle research library ↗ to see the topics that have been researched and maybe take inspiration from it to push a topic further. There is also a dedicated Moodle research forum and other interesting links on the Moodle research page ↗.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
@Tim,
"In the world of languages, you might be able to test pronunciation by feeding the audio to speech recognition software." Have you tried the Read Aloud plugin by the Poodll guy, Justin Hunt? It seems to do that.
In reply to AL Rachels

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I've not looked. My understanding is that is based on something not open source.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I can confirm that it is awesome, uses speech recognition, seems to work very well and it is based on something not open source. But if anyone wants to fund the development and maintenance of a similar system and then release it as Free Libre Software, I'd be interested.
Average of ratings: Useful (5)
In reply to Marcus Green

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Poodll, though not free, is open source. ReadAloud (and it's cousins MiniLesson and Solo) are on Github. See here: https://github.com/justinhunt
With speech transcription you can only get so far for free. If you need to support non Google Chrome browsers, you basically have to plugin to the APIs of the likes of Google and AWS. If you wanted to do something like that, perhaps Tuqa could require the plugin user to create their own AWS/Google accounts and manage their own costs. Or simply limit the use to Google Chrome, which is what H5P does.
Average of ratings: Useful (6)