Confusion and fragmentation now that workplace certificate plugin has been released

Re: Confusion and fragmentation now that workplace certificate plugin has been released

by Andrew Hancox -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers
David,
We've had a lot of positive interactions in the past on the Moodle Tracker, I have a huge amount of respect for you and your work and I absolutely do not intend to fall out with you - or anyone else - over this but describing this as 'fake news' and an over reaction is not helpful. I don't think anything I have said has been inaccurate or unfair. I'm not sure why I'm listed as a maintainer of the light box plugin - I made one commit about ten years ago and am in no way affiliated with netspotau who appear to be the actual maintainers.

Mark is still not listed as a maintainer or credited as the original author on the plugins database for either plugin.
The mod_customcertificate plugin has still been suddenly rendered redundant without notice to the maintainer, rather than being built on.
The initial public announcement presented the plugins as new and exciting output from the workplace team being generously released by HQ and made no mention of their lineage.

The only aspect of this issue that HQ have committed to fixing is the git commit history.

Moodle HQ maintaining a private fork of Moodle for workplace is very similar to how things went wrong for Magento and SugarCRM so you need to understand why those of us who make their living through Moodle but are not big enough to enjoy partner status may be very concerned. The bizarre levels of hypocrisy in the criticism of Totara + OpenLMS for doing the same thing, coupled with events like this are profoundly worrying.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)