To what quiz does a question in a category belong?

by Ahmad Amer -
Number of replies: 7

Salam Alykom,

How can I know the following:

(I try to delete some questions from a category and I’m told that these questions are used in a quiz! and I cannot find the quiz!)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ahmad Amer

Re: To what quiz does a question in a category belong?

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Ahmad,

I'm still waiting for you to answer my replies to your question here: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=416834#p1679561

The Moodle forums are a great place for asking questions, and there are plenty of people willing to help, but the minimum you can do is to acknowledge those people's replies.wink

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Ahmad Amer -
I unserstand Joseph. Sorry for the delay. Thank for your going support.
In reply to Ahmad Amer

by Janice Poston -

This is in regards as to what question a quiz in a category belongs to.  By default all questions when created in the quiz using edit quiz go to the default question bank for the course.  If you want them to go to a different category you must create it in the question bank categories area and then assign the question to it when you add the question to the quiz.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Janice Poston

by Ahmad Amer -
Thank Janice.

I need to do so in a course that I built a year ago: To what quiz does a question in a category belong?
In reply to Ahmad Amer

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
I can't tell you how to do it. In fact, I don't believe Moodle displays which quiz a question belongs to.

My advice would be to work methodically and always pay attention to where you put your questions in the question bank.
In reply to Dominique Bauer

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
'In fact, I don't believe Moodle displays which quiz a question belongs to.'
It doesn't, a question can be in multiple quizzes simultaneously (though that is probably a rarity).
I can see it would be useful to be able to search on that. This is a bit like finding if you have used a question previously, my students would complain if they were asked the same question in two different quizzes, and many years ago I created a (not very good), way of searching for where a question had been used previously.
In reply to Ahmad Amer

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I just wanted to note that we are still planning some major changes to the question bank for Moodle 4.0, as roughly described here: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=412117.

In that project, one of the top feature requests is "make it easy to see in the question bank everywhere that a question is used" so we will definitely do that.

It is long overdue for me to give an update on our plans in this forum. I was going to start posting this week, but too many other things have happened. Better luck next week. Anyway, we have been coninuing to plan how a new question bank could look and funcition, and so far it feels like what we are planning fits together coherently. I look forwards to sharing some of the details with you when I get a moment, and getting you feedback.
Average of ratings: Useful (5)