Atto Editor in Moodle 3.8 is AWFUL

Atto Editor in Moodle 3.8 is AWFUL

by Kerry J -
Number of replies: 4

Where can I sign on to a petition to ditch the Atto editor and bring back Tiny MCE?

The Atto editor does a useless job of code stripping, you can't format tables - it is making my job as a course designer MORE DIFFICULT.

I am really peeved off with it.

Thanks

Kerry Johnson

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kerry J

Re: Atto Editor in Moodle 3.8 is AWFUL

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Users can set their editor preferences to Tiny MCE.

Check your profile and editor preferences. smile

Admins of site can set default editor to Tiny MCE me thinks.

'SoS', Ken

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Kerry J

by Dave Sherwin -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Kerry as Ken mentioned switching your editor preferences was my solution when I first start using Atto. I was so used to Tiny MCE that it took me a while to figure out the benefits of ATTO. I now use Atto and have added some of ATTO HTML Editor plugins that make it easier for teachers to create content.  However I see that you are a course designer, so you probably are doing more complex coding to enhance the aesthetics of the content. 
  • So one thing that I noticed that when using ATTO with Chrome Browser that when I would switch to to customize that the code was mashed together. This was AWFUL
  • Then I switched to FireFox Browser and that was BEAUTIFUL. The code was displayed correctly by row numbers.
Not sure if this was what you needed but I am now an ATTO convert.
PS- there might even be a plugin so that the source code will display correctly in Chrome,
In reply to Kerry J

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Kerry,
To ease your table formatting woes, install the Poodll Sippet plugin for the Atto editor. https://moodle.org/plugins/atto_snippet
You can pre-define all kinds of items, including "fancy" tables, and add them using the Atto editor with just a couple of clicks. Before I retired, I had a bunch of Snippet table designs that looked like all the layouts used by slide show programs. Made it very easy to use the Atto editor to create just about any style of page layout.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)