a course, two trainers, one of them creates assignment but reminders for both

a course, two trainers, one of them creates assignment but reminders for both

by Mat Green -
Number of replies: 5

Hello,

in our courses at my school (a course = scool subject like maths or chemistry) there are normally at least two trainers. One trainer is the subject teacher, the other is the class teacher. Even though only one of them creates an assignment activity, both receive notifications about the assignment (for example if students uploaded something etc.). How can I change this. I would want only the creator of the assignment to receive notifications/reminders.

Notice: the setting "assign | sendnotifications" is off.

Thank you for your help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mat Green

Re: a course, two trainers, one of them creates assignment but reminders for both

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
How about you tell them to go to their notification settings (on this site for example it is the bell icon top right) and turn off assignment notifications?
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: a course, two trainers, one of them creates assignment but reminders for both

by Mat Green -
But if they use assignments themselves and want to have notifications about their own assignments?
We should add the functions "notify other trainers (or more general: roles?) in the course" and "notify certain trainers (or: roles)" to the assignment options.
In reply to Mat Green

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
What do you mean by "they use assignments themselves" - in your first post you said that only one of them creates an assignment activity? Do you mean that in one course you have two people with the editing teacher role and they both create assignments but only want to be notified of the assignments they themselves create? Or do you mean that in a different course they might create assignments, but not in this one? Does the documentation How do I restrict a teacher to see only the information about the group they are in? help?
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Mat Green -
"Do you mean that in one course you have two people with the editing teacher role and they both create assignments but only want to be notified of the assignments they themselves create?"
Yes, this is my problem.
In reply to Mat Green

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Moodle does not have any "ownership" concept with regards to course activities - an assignment does not belong to a particular trainer, it belongs to the course. The only place where the person who created (or updated) the assignment is recorded is in the logs for the site.

You could look at the use of groups for the course - if an assignment is set to use "separate groups" then I _think_ that only trainers in the same group as the student submitting will get notifications (but I could be wrong - I'd have to check the code - you might need to remove the "access all groups" capability as well).