Site level appointment scheduling...?

Site level appointment scheduling...?

by Jason Hollowell -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hello fellow Moodlers,

The following is a brainstorming question that I've not had much success in answering on my own. With all classes at my institution online at the moment, in response to the coronavirus crisis, we have a healthy flow of inquiries coming in from teachers regarding Moodle and how to optimize their own personal workflows. The following is one such inquiry:

a. Teachers have multiple courses and want to offer time slots for meeting with students (either face to face or online via Zoom etc...though virtually all are for online sessions at the moment)

b. These teachers would prefer to offer their time via one avenue (like the old fashioned sign up sheet on an office door) because it is time consuming and organizationally complex for them to have to add a module to each of their courses (scheduler, face to face, etc.), enter slots into each of those modules that do not conflict with those entered across their different courses and then monitor notifications that arrive from each of the modules they maintain across their courses.

Is there any way to create such at system at the site level (in other words, outside of the course)? I feel like I already know the answer to this question but am hoping there is a creative solution that has thus far simply eluded me. There are multiple courses but only one teacher so ideally it would be nice if Moodle could cater to the teacher as an individual in this case such that he/she could provide an offering (meetings in this case) to all of his/her students spanning multiple course instances without having to make that offering via individual settings in each course...

I have been tinkering around with something on the teacher's dashboard but haven't come up with anything very satisfying as of yet. 

Any ideas or suggestions (or constructive criticism smile are welcome and will be appreciated. wink

Regards

Jason

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jason Hollowell

Re: Site level appointment scheduling...?

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
The Scheduler plugin - used on the home page?
Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Site level appointment scheduling...?

by Jason Hollowell -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Howard,

Thanks. I had forgotten about adding a module to the front page via a topic session. That presents some complications but it is along the lines I was thinking of. I will experiment with that idea.

Jason