Allowing dates beyond 2020

Allowing dates beyond 2020

by Ilario Astinov -
Number of replies: 3

Hi everyone and happy New year!

As I am not sure where exactly to address my question, here I go with apologies in advance if this is not the correct place.

I have Moodle 2.3.3, build 20121208, runnig on ubuntu3.15 with Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu) and mysql  5.5.40.0.0.12.04.1 - a pretty old configuration.

My problem is - thee is a limit of the year value that can be set to tests. I.e. in the drop-down list for the selection of the year, the max value is 2020 ... and unfortunately we are 2021 already. Is there a setting, where I can tell my Moodle installation to start using years after 2020?

Roni Astinov

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ilario Astinov

Re: Before you post... read this...

by Leon Stringer -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

"a pretty old configuration"/"we are 2021 already" – Support for Moodle 2.3 ended seven years ago.

You can modify lib/form/dateselector.php and lib/form/datetimeselector.php to allow dates beyond 2020 but you should plan to upgrade the site to a supported version.

Also, Moodle 2.3.3 is behind the final update, 2.3.11, so the site is missing 38 security fixes.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Leon Stringer

Re: Before you post... read this...

by Ilario Astinov -
Tx Leon! Will go for the upgrade when the semester is over.
Tommorow I will update the parameters you indicate.

Happy New Year and have a wonderful evening!
Roni
In reply to Leon Stringer

ตอบ: Re: Before you post... read this...

by ฤทธิ์เดช บุญตา -

ขอบคุณมากครับ

ตอนนี้แก้ไข ค.ศ. เรียบร้อยแล้ว 😊  1970 ให้มากขึ้น

ที่ใช้เวอร์เก่าอยู่เพราะเครื่องเซิร์ฟเวอร์ยังเก่าอยู่ และคนทำงานก็จะเกษียณแล้ว อีกเหตุผลสำคัญมากคือ  การรันเวอร์3.1 ช้ามากอยู่

ดังนั้นจึงใช้ เวอร์ 19.19