Remove or disable "Preferred language", "Forum preferences", "Editor preferences" and "Course preferences" and calendar preferences from Preferences menu page and in user profile section Miscellaneous menu

Re: Remove or disable "Preferred language", "Forum preferences", "Editor preferences" and "Course preferences" and calendar preferences from Preferences menu page and in user profile section Miscellaneous menu

by John Provasnik -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Hi Ismath,
If you do a search of the forums, a bunch of suggestions come up - I've used these suggestions in the past to create the following css for my own site. I'm sharing the relevant bits in case it's helpful for your situation:

/* Hide Link on User Preferences Page */
#page-user-preferences a[href*='language.php'],
#page-user-preferences a[href*='forum.php'],
#page-user-preferences a[href*='editor.php'],
#page-user-preferences a[href*='course.php'] {
display: none;
}

/* Hide Link on User Preferences Page */
#page-user-profile a[href*='blog/index.php'],
#page-user-profile a[href*='notes/index.php'],
#page-user-profile a[href*='forum/user.php'],
#page-user-profile a[href*='blog/index.php'],
#page-user-profile a[href*='plans.php'] {
display: none;
}
Average of ratings: Useful (4)
In reply to John Provasnik

Re: Remove or disable "Preferred language", "Forum preferences", "Editor preferences" and "Course preferences" and calendar preferences from Preferences menu page and in user profile section Miscellaneous menu

by Cindy Weber -
That was super helpful John! Is there a way to make a newly created category stay expanded? The General category stays expanded without the use of the 'expand all' button.
In reply to Cindy Weber

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Hi Cindy, that would not be possible through styling. That would require either theme customization or core code customization (and modify core is not recommended)
In reply to John Provasnik

by Cindy Weber -
John...I am using the standard Boost theme with 3.11. Are there multiple theme files that need to be changed to make a newly created category stay open permanently withou using 'expand all' or clicking on the category?