scorm packages

scorm packages

by Carlos Cadabeira -
Number of replies: 5

Hello people.

I'm needing to start working with scorm packages, and it's having a hard time downloading the free software for that purpose.

Can you pass me what you have on this subject?

Thanks a lot

PS: I use moodle version 3.4.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Carlos Cadabeira

Re: scorm packages

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Well, there is iSpring Free. Basically, you build a power point and convert it. It isn't awesome but it isn't terrible. I haven't used it in years, maybe it is better now. I think if you want to add quiz questions or interaction of value, you need the pay version.

There used to be one called eXe, I think it has a new name and don't remember the name Xerte maybe or eXeLearning? I used it a long time ago, before it lost support, changed its name and got a new supporting group. It was a little complicated to use but kind of cool. Can't speak to the new version. It used to be IN Moodle, I think it is probably separate now.

There are also Scratch, EasyGenerator and AdaptiveU, which I cannot comment on.

If you haven't got software and have never used scorm, you might consider h5p or Lesson.

Lesson is a core module. It works great, it scores and tracks well. It isn't gorgeous but I've heard you can modify themes to make it prettier.

h5p is less fragile than scorm and works pretty well. It has some really cool branching options, all manner of interactivity, interactive video, options to add backgrounds. I'd recommend you upgrade your moodle site. With 3.4, you can install h5p, with a newer version it would already be there in core. The only downside I can see with h5p is reporting is not very good. And it can slow down your site if you use a lot of long interactive video (I tried it with 2+ hour videos and it did not go well with more than 3 people using it, which was, clearly, a bad idea).
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Nik Bernaz -
You may want to try iSpring from https://www.ispringsolutions.com/ to get started with Scorm. This is based on PPT, they offer a free trial, and even though they are pretty expensive, they have a discount until 31dec for $97 for 6 months.
I personally do not mind paying for the education price (-50%) because it makes my workflow so smooth.
All my moodle content is in the form of SCORM from this powerpoint addon. Quiz, tests, lessons, you name it.

But it's not free.
In reply to Nik Bernaz

by Carlos Cadabeira -

Thank you very much.

Do you knovv anything free?????

Regard

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
The ones I mentioned are all open source (assuming some of them still exist). h5p and Lesson are in core Moodle (Lesson forever, h5p since 3.8?...add on plugin (free) for earlier versions).

Really, even hard core scorm people encourage you to look for non-scorm alternatives to scorm at this point (Dan Marsden, SCORM high priest, says, "hey, try h5p!"). Lesson and h5p are good ones.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)