True/False Quiz but Make False True?

True/False Quiz but Make False True?

by Rho Marshal -
Number of replies: 6

I was wondering if there's an option for making true/false questions but then having a written block inserted so that my college students can make the false questions true. I've played around with some settings but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I'm new to Moodle and don't even know what version my school has but any info on this would be great. Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rho Marshal

Re: True/False Quiz but Make False True?

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
"...so that my college students can make the false questions true"
I have no idea what you mean by that. Please provide a real-world example.
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Rho Marshal -

Say the question was "Thomas Jefferson was the first president of the United States."

This is false, but the way the exam has been written the students need to make the statement true. So students could say "George Washington was the first president" or "Thomas Jefferson was the third president" or "Thomas Jefferson was the first Secretary of State" as all three statements are true. 

Is that clearer?

In reply to Rho Marshal

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thanks for the example. Now I understand; in fact you meant to say "the students must correct the wrong statement by making a true statement instead".

And Tim has given the solution with that interesting question behaviour plugin.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Rho Marshal

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
In your example, I am wondering if an essay question would suffice since you have set yourself up to read additional information from every student. (I am just trying to learn a little from you, Rho.)
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
The simplest solutions are often the best. Nice one.