Quiz Help

Quiz Help

by Carl Byerley -
Number of replies: 5

I am using 2.6.1, 

I have two quiz issues I am unable to find the answers to.

I have 15 Courses in 1 Category,

I have 15 questions in each course. total 225 questions

They are in the question bank for each course.

I want the quiz to choose 5 questions from the course question bank in random order for each quiz attempt.

Then at the end I want the final quiz to choose 50 question from all courses question bank for each attempt in random order.

Do I leave the question for each course in that courses question bank? then add all questions to the Random question bank? How do I select how many questions to display for each quiz?

All help is appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Carl Byerley

Re: Quiz Help

by Dave Sherwin -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Not sure if this works on 2.6.1, but we are using 3.9 and move the all the questions banks from each course up to the category level. That way the questions still work at the course level if 2.6.1 allows moving to a Category Shared Question Bank. Then when you make the 50 questions quiz using the Random question type to select from each folder a set amount of questions.
Of course if the teachers are editing the questions at the Category Level you would have to create a Question sharer role. We assign this to a master teacher that works collaboratively with the other teachers so that the questions are only changed if the group agrees.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dave Sherwin

by Carl Byerley -

Thank you  I will give this a try. It is more information than is provided in how to documentation so it is a start.

In reply to Carl Byerley

by Dave Sherwin -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
There is a link on the bottom of the Question sharer role page that may be clearer because it documents Question permissions explained with diagrams.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dave Sherwin

by Carl Byerley -
Thanks for the help I got it all figured out great.

Another question if you don't mind.

With everything set up I did a test on one of my quizes as a student

I am not getting notification that a quiz or assignment has been completed or are ready for grading. Do you know where the setting is for this. I have looked through the entire admin panel and cannot find it.