Completion tracking does not work anymore

Completion tracking does not work anymore

by Paola Genevieve Caratto -
Number of replies: 5

Hi guys,

please I need your support.

I have a course with sections made of SCORM + quiz. 

Suddenly, the completion tracking has stopped working on quizzes even if nobody touched course/quiz settings in years.

1) Course tracking: enabled

2) Tracking settings:

3) Quiz tracking settings

As you can see from next picture, SCORM is completed while quiz is not (I passed with full grades many times, but still no blue flag inside box...)

I first thought about wrong settings, but here's the riddle:

a) quiz completion tracking worked in past

b) the behaviour is now randomic. Some users are flagged, and others not, even if they passed the test with full grades!

I think there is something going on with either plugin or website cache... Moodle version is Moodle 2.9+ (Build: 20150625)

Many thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paola Genevieve Caratto

Re: Completion tracking does not work anymore

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Paola,

I don't think 'Require grade' and 'Require passing grade' should both be ticked. (The interface should really prevent you from being able to tick more than one option.)

I suggest you click the button to unlock the completion options, then untick 'Require grade' and save changes. Activity completion should then be re-calculated correctly.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Helen Foster

Ri: Re: Completion tracking does not work anymore

Hi Helen,

I tried:

But when I reenter, I see that all flags are gone:

Paola

Re: Ri: Re: Completion tracking does not work anymore

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Sorry I was mistaken - it seems you need to tick 'Require grade' in order to tick 'Require passing grade'. You should not tick 'Student must view this activity to complete it' though.

I don't have any other suggestions of things to try, apart from you upgrading your site to a supported version of Moodle as soon as you can.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Helen Foster

Ri: Re: Ri: Re: Completion tracking does not work anymore

No prob. I tried your new suggestion, but still no results.

I updated to latest version, but still same issue.... I am really puzzled.

Re: Completion tracking does not work anymore

by Robert Bellamy -

Hi There,

I am experiencing this as well.  On one specific high traffic course at least.  Suddenly Moodle has started to skip over some completions for quizzes that require a grade to pass.  In some cases Moodle doesn't even seem to attempt awarding the completion.  Here are some log snippets from two different users.  *This is in a 3.9.3 site*

This one shows the 'completion updated' step followed by submission. Which is all proper.

Here is another user in the same quiz getting the same exact grade;  The completion step doesn't occur.

If I unlock completions for the quiz Moodle will successfully go back and award all completions even for users affected by this issue.  What could be causing Moodle to skip over completions for some users?.  Could it have something to do with the completion state in the database?.