Installation of Moodle 3.10 Issue

Installation of Moodle 3.10 Issue

by Tobs Tobs -
Number of replies: 2

I’m a newbie. I installed moodle via softaculous successfully but upon trying to install a theme, I landed on the server check page with changing MySQL to Mariadb

Here is the error: 

databasemysql (5.5.5-10.3.27-MariaDB)

Wrong $CFG->dbtype: you need to change it in your config.php file, from 'mysql' to 'mariadb'.

However, in my config.php file I saw : $cfg- libdir / adminlib.php. 

I’m on a VPS server with MySQL. Please can someone please put me through on how to change this to mariadb. Am I supposed to change libdir to mariadb without installing mariadb to the server? 

I got confused because I didn’t directly see $CFG->dbtype in the config.php(I mean I didn’t see MySQL replaced dbtype instead I saw libdir. 

Am I supposed to completely change the database of the server to mariadb? If yes, but I have a long time Wordpress website installed on the same server and I don’t know if changing the database type with the server will cause issues for the Wordpress website. 

Thank you all for reading and willing to guide me accordingly.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tobs Tobs

Re: Installation of Moodle 3.10 Issue

by Tobs Tobs -
I uninstalled Moodle 3.10, installed 3.9.3, and I successfully located config.php, edited. All good.
In reply to Tobs Tobs

Re: Installation of Moodle 3.10 Issue

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
You mention two things that caught my attention: 1) A VPS, and 2) install using softaculous.

Consider learning how to install Moodle from scratch. Since you say that you have a VPS, you should be able to do this.

See https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=401983#p1621924 might help a little, along with the Moodle docs and others here on Moodle.org.