Course completion report with Groups?

Course completion report with Groups?

by Frank Burger -
Number of replies: 2

Background - Our entire company needs to take an annual Office Safety course. The department managers need to follow up with their people individually to push them to complete. I have profile based cohorts set up for each department, and I'm pushing those cohorts to groups.

Need - I sort of assumed that there would be a way to include the Group ID with either the Course Completion or Activity Completion report, which I would then export to CSV and send piecemeal to the managers to show how their people are doing. I'm not seeing this and I can't think of a clever alternative.

Note - the department managers, being managers, are disinclined to use the 'course participation' and grading tools in Moodle, although they have access. I really need something I can spoon feed them without making a lot of work for myself.

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Frank Burger

Re: Course completion report with Groups?

by C Behan -
Hi Frank,

• You could enrol the managers as non-editing teachers.
  • Modify the permissions in the course to prevent non-editing teachers from accessing groups they are not members of (see here for more info)
  • Send them the link to the activity completion report.

Catherine

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to C Behan

Re: Course completion report with Groups?

by Frank Burger -
Thanks Catherine! That was the breadcrumb I needed. Even though I had set up a number of groups in the course, I still had "no groups" selected in the Course Settings, which prevented the group selection dropdowns from appearing (and the associated filtering from taking place).
I appreciate your help!
Average of ratings: Useful (1)