Answer one of two questions?!

Answer one of two questions?!

by Ahmad Amer -
Number of replies: 6

Salam Alykom

Answer one of two questions? Is it possible in Moodle quiz?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ahmad Amer

Re: Answer one of two questions?!

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Could you elaborate?
In reply to Marcus Green

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
To add to what Marcus has said, yes, it is possible. However, your challenge could be with your grading criteria and the grade book, and how many of these answer one of two scenarios exist within the one quiz.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Rick Jerz

תשובה ל: Re: Answer one of two questions?!

by eran afek -

can you please tell me how to do it ?

In reply to Rick Jerz

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
It is not very difficult but it quickly becomes complicated.

The advantage of a user script is that you can adapt it to different cases (Adaptive mode or interactive mode with multiple tries. At the time of question selection, are students allowed to see the questions in detail or only a summary, can they change their choice, if so how many times, etc.) The downside is that you have to know a bit of JavaScript.

Ideally, a question type could be developed that would allow selection of the following questions. The downside is that such a question type would not be that easy to develop. I would be interested in doing it, but I don't have the time and maybe not the knowledge.

So I used a little user script that I wrote earlier. If you don't know JavaScript, I wouldn't recommend using it because you won't be able to adapt it to your specific needs. Plus, it's just a workaround that isn't perfect, written by someone with no real programming background. And, as Rick mentioned, you'll have to adjust the marks in the gradebook. Anyway, here's the link: https://moodleformulas.org/course/view.php?id=78&section=52 ↗.
In reply to Dominique Bauer

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Although the problem is not as complex as that of perpetual motion, I just realized that the solution I proposed does not work. The concept will have to be reviewed, but we will have to wait. smile