UX Survey - Moodle's menus... what's important?

UX Survey - Moodle's menus... what's important?

by Barbara Ramiro -
Number of replies: 7
Picture of Moodle HQ team

Hi everybody,

We are getting really close to finalizing our new 4.0 navigation.

We would really appreciate help from the Moodle community in providing us with opinions on what is important in the order of how we display our navigation menu items.

Please let us know what you think in this short survey.

Cheers,
The UX team

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Barbara Ramiro

Re: UX Survey - Moodle's menus... what's important?

by Adam Landow -

Hi, I did notice that the survey and it's results at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc-Wx3z7Ggo6MLCDBFd34yVKchMQVKZ_6Z7JC7r7RE669CHmA/viewanalytics *including our email addresses* are not authenticated in any way. 

Can we fix this?

4o80hn.jpg

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Adam Landow

by Nigel Robertson -

I agree with Adam's comment. I was about to send the survey link to colleagues but will refrain until this is corrected. (Form > Settings > General > Respondents can...)

If you want to show some of the results (and transparency is good) then share a version of the results spreadsheet. You can autocopy relevant results to a new sheet and link or embed that in the forum.

In reply to Nigel Robertson

by Candice Diemer -
Thanks Nigel - great idea

We will do this instead.

Thanks and apologies once again.. got too excited about sharing the results.
In reply to Adam Landow

by Candice Diemer -
Hi all
We are so sorry!
We really wanted everyone to have access to the results and had no idea emails would show up.

It has been changed immediately - our bad!
Average of ratings: Useful (2)

by Tim Hunt -
Wow! the choices in this survey are harsh! Always / Sometimes / Never. That really forces you to think. But, I have to say, at lot of the time, I am thinking "I use this a lot, but not Alwasy", or "I use this rarely, but I can't say "Never". So, there is a danger that I am going to be forced into saying "Sometimes" for almost everything. Perhaps something to think about next time you do a survey.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Séverin Terrier -
I totally agree with Tim, you should provide more choices, to have a better idea of what is really used (nearly) always, or (nearly) never, and sometimes (more or less).
Because, as Tim explained, i've ticked "Sometimes" for most of the elements, but i don't think it's really helpful.

by Moien Abadi -
Thanks for this survey.
I appropriate if such kind of surveys has more option that "Always - Sometimes - Never" .
for example as private teacher maybe I setup my course in a week before start date and one time for next 3 or 6 months, or maybe I setup my course step by step each topic weekly. Or may be in a school we have a technical support that who work with different courses base their need for update and using these features. So it seems just these 3 options not describe "how often do you need to access",

Best Wishes