Moodle documentation: Moodle Docs server is currently down

Moodle documentation: Moodle Docs server is currently down

by Martin Dougiamas -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Moodle Docs is currently down with what looks like a hardware fault.  The techs are working on it, I hope we can have it back soon.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Re: Moodle documentation: Moodle Docs server is currently down

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Definitely a dead hard disk ... and the server wasn't under RAID. black eye

Looks like the data is going to be OK (and I have backups), but the whole server has to be rebuilt.   It will be a few hours.

by Martin Dougiamas -
Or longer ... the datacenter have still not reloaded the OS for me. Might be tomorrow now at this rate.   sad   Rest assured that this server will be getting hardware RAID soon and hang the expense!

by Martin Dougiamas -
And we're back with a new primary drive - docs.moodle.orgsmile

by Art Lader -
Glad to hear that all is well. I think this docs project is one of the best things that could have happened to Moodle!

-- Art
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

Moodle Docs server will be down 2am GMT 15th March

by Martin Dougiamas -
The Documentation server will be brought down in about 24 hours from now to upgrade the hardware. I'm adding a hardware RAID card for a bit more reliability (at an extra $30/month - keep those donations coming in smile).

The service will be down for a few hours while the operating system is re-re-installed and everything built up again from backups.

Re: Moodle Docs server will be down 2am GMT 15th March

by Martin Dougiamas -
The docs server is now up again under RAID and running smoothly.