Moodle documentation: Looking for help about version control!

Moodle documentation: Looking for help about version control!

by Helen Litherland -
Number of replies: 2

Hello all,

I am preforming a project comparing BCSW and Moodle for systems development. One important thing that I need to test is version control!

Does any one know how to set up version control or in Moodle is it just a case of date stamping documents?

Also, is there any type of locking facility that can be placed on documents whilst been edited?

Thank you

Helen

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Helen Litherland

Re: Moodle documentation: Looking for help about version control!

by Ger Tielemans -
The only version control can be found in the modules: eWiki and dfWiki. realise that it is an amazing free format version control (page history) 
In reply to Helen Litherland

Re: Moodle documentation: Looking for help about version control!

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Version control of courses is a big lack in moodle.

You could implement a crude versioning system by automatically and regularly saving backups of each course.

There is no sort of locking, but I personally hate that. I much prefer the CVS model where anyone can edit anything, and it warns you if a conflict ever occurs.

Instead of version control, what you have got is quite detailed logging, and that will tell you roughly what has been changed, it just won't let you get back to a previous state.