BBB recordings not visible for students for a course

BBB recordings not visible for students for a course

by Elie Hanna -
Number of replies: 5

Hello dear,

we have an environment where Moodle 3.8.2 is used and BBB 2.2.23 is installed on a separate ubuntu 16.04 server. We are using BBB plugin 2.3.4. 

For only once course the bbb recordings are visible for the coordinator only. the students cannot see them. It is happening for all the bbb activities for this course only. when the student enter the activity the system does not say 'there are no recordings to show', however it shows a grey blank box like the attached.

appreciate someone's helpblank grey box

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Elie Hanna

Re: BBB recordings not visible for students for a course

by Jesus Federico -
Picture of Plugin developers
It may it be that they are not published.

What is the view for the administrator?, Does it have the links to the recordings or only the controls for managing them (delete, publish/unpublish)?
In reply to Jesus Federico

by Elie Hanna -

Hello Jesus,

Only the admin and the tutor can view the recording. Yes they are published. The weird thing is that students does not see the message 'there is no recordings', however they see the greybox attached in the previous replyPublished

In reply to Elie Hanna

by Jesus Federico -
So it may be the tweak we had to do for isolating recordings when groups where enabled.

Does this activity has groups enabled by chance?
In reply to Jesus Federico

by Elie Hanna -
Yes groups is enabled for this activity. but the session and recording is made for 'All participants'. so No student can see the recording of any group
In reply to Elie Hanna

by Jesus Federico -
That is not a way to set permissions though. It is only a matching role between Moodle roles and BBB roles on join.

I would try combining the options in the group settings. Such as allow the activity for any groups.

I bet the problem is the groups. But unfortunately, I was not the one who implemented that change, so I don't have a solution at the moment. It would have to be reviewed.

We can open an issue in JIRA, but not sure when we will have the chance to look into it.

Jesus

Jesus