Custom Service - OAuth2 (Moodle 3.9.1)

Custom Service - OAuth2 (Moodle 3.9.1)

by Jeff Lapuz -
Number of replies: 2

Hello, I am having difficulty to integrating a custom service to Oauth2 of Moodle.

This is what I accomplished so far.

• Created endpoints
  • User Field Mapping
  • Enabled the Authentication Plugin (Oauth2)
So far, the integration is almost complete but I have a question if its possible to disable the email confirmation. I don't know if this on the side of the custom service or on moodle but anyways, I need help on this.

If you're confused to what I am saying you can refer to the settings of Oauth2 of google. There's a tick box there where you can enable/disable the "require email verification".

The tool that I've been using is Laravel Passport.

I hope someone can help me on this. Thank you!
Attachment Screenshot from 2020-11-18 15-18-21.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jeff Lapuz

Re: Custom Service - OAuth2 (Moodle 3.9.1)

by Leon Stringer -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

The Require email verification option used to be available for custom issuers but was removed. Tracker issuer MDL-67802 asks for this to be brought back and a recent update indicates that this will happen. You can vote for the Tracker issue.

A site admin can register an OAuth user by clicking Confirm under Site administration ▸ Users ▸ Accounts ▸ Browse list of users:

Browse list of users showing 'Confirm | Resend email' actions

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Leon Stringer

Re: Custom Service - OAuth2 (Moodle 3.9.1)

by Jeff Lapuz -
Hi! I didn't know that it was available before but, hey thanks for your answer! Hoping that this will be available in the future.

The work around is still good too changing the value of requireconfirm from 1 to 0 works but, I think that is not a good a solution.