18 issues have been successfully integrated with 0 rejected and 7 delayed. That's 100% success, perfection exists!
- The on-sync period has ended. Normally it lasts a couple of weeks, but with within the parallel development cycles we are immersed in, branches (310 and master) are already diverged, so there isn't much to keep on-sync.
- All the new features and improvements that were put on hold after freeze (14 issues) have been unheld and we'll be processing them over the next weeks, please be patient. All them assumed to be for Moodle 3.11 (May 2021), unless explicitly targeting Moodle 4.0 (Nov 2021).
MOODLE_311_STABLEbranch is already available everywhere (git repositories, tracker, tools...) and, despite its name, it's a development branch. So together with
master, we are back into a parallel development period (until May 2021) and here there are some particularities / rules coming with the parallel stuff:
- Starting with Moodle 3.10 (already released) all branches are now 3-digits instead of old 2-digits. So 3.10 is 310, 3.11 is 311, 4.0 => 400, 4.1 => 401... and so on.
- The versions in the parallel branches cannot overlap. So, 310 is already sticky to release date (20201109), 311 will get versions (and upgrade steps) using current dates (like master used to)... but that implies that all those dates are "reserved", hence master has been already bumped to 20210525 (2 weeks after the 3.11 release), and we must apply for last-digit increments only in that branch (until the parallel development period ends, with the release of 3.11).
- All the stuff integrated to 311 must be integrated also to master.
upgrade.txtnotes will point always to the first development branch getting the change, being documented with that very same version in all the development branches.
- Over the next weeks, we'll be automatically porting stuff between the 2 branches, but after a point (to be decided) it will be required to provide patches for both branches.
- January 11th minor released have been postponed by one week and will be released on January 18th.
- It's time to discuss and agree about next Moodle 3.11 requirements, everybody is welcome to propose anything @ MDL-69308. Once all options are there, they will be voted and enter in effect ASAP.
- Nothing special, all good issues, thanks for your help!
One at a time:
This (non-regular) section in the integration posts aims to get various policy issues communicated and, with your collaboration, decided and applied in an organised way.
- MDLSITE-2804 : That goes one step further (related with the previous one), about what to do with the current duality of file and class phpdoc blocks in those 1-artifact (class, interface, trait...) files. It's already within the voting period and we should be able to have a decision about it soon.
- To Georg Cantor (Continuum hypothesis / CH), because it makes you think about how some obvious things (not necessarily in Maths) cannot be neither demonstrated neither refuted. They just are, accept them.
The continuum is that which is divisible into indivisibles that are infinitely divisible.