Strange forum display after upgrading to verison 3.9+

Strange forum display after upgrading to verison 3.9+

by Tingting Cai -
Number of replies: 3

Hi developers,

I have an unsolvable issue after upgrading to version 3.9+.

Before, we were able to use the forum to allow student participation in the class. We like how it only shows content, not the group that the trainer belongs to and the content.

After we upgrade to version 3.9+, our display has been interrupted by more than half of the forum page displaying trainers' groups rather than the whole picture of the content we want to display in the forum. I have looked into the forum setting and still can't find a way to remove or hide those groups to allow a full display of content. Please help.

Please see the example screenshots below.

Attachment forum ex 1.png
Attachment forum ex 2.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tingting Cai

Re: Strange forum display after upgrading to verison 3.9+

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Do you use a custom theme? Have you tried changing to a standard theme such as Boost to check the problem is not with your theme?
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Strange forum display after upgrading to verison 3.9+

by Derek Chaplin -
I use the very popular Fordson theme and upgrading to Moodle 3.10 has rendered all of its CSS and SCSS inoperable; the author is working to fix it. It seems to be the case for a number of themes that are child themes of Boost.

Not sure how this slipped by the QC testing phase.