bigbluebutton uses 100% cpu

bigbluebutton uses 100% cpu

by usy use -
Number of replies: 1

I have a dedicated server with 64G of RAM, XEON 5640 x2 16 core 24 thread, 24M cache running Centos 7 php 7.2, MariaDb 10.2 with DirectAdmin and Litespeed. I've installed Moodle 3.9. We have 270 users which login to website at 8 AM. in the 9 courses we have a Bigbluebutton plugin for separate groups and recording enabled.

At first it was fine but after 4 months as it has a lot of recordings in it (about 200 in one page), it crashes the server.

The only thing that surprises me is that, when I use Bigbluebutton plugin, even when it is only me, (late at night when the students are not participating in the classes) it uses 100% of on of the threads and makes the server really heavy. Ant when I have lots of users, the server crashes completely because of heavy cpu load. 

as you can see I have a powerful server which can handle thousands of users simultaneously. Why should the plugin drain the cpu so?

this is when there is very little site visits. When only me using the bigbluebutton plugin: 

this is when we have 250 users participating class:

Attachment Screen Shot 1399-08-14 at 11.05.15-min.png

should I delete the recordings?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to usy use

Re: bigbluebutton uses 100% cpu

by Jesus Federico -
Picture of Plugin developers
It is the lookup for the recordings, and it is because you have too many in one single instance. But I agree, it should not be the case.

Because the problem is in MySQL, I would guess that your deployment is missing an index in the mdl_bigbluebuttonbn_logs table.

What version of the plugin do you have?

I am interested in solving this issue with you. You can ping me through email jesus@blindsidenetworks.com

JF