Linking quizzes

Linking quizzes

by Russell Thomson -
Number of replies: 2

Moodle 3.8.1

I would like to allow a student to reference back to a previous quiz through a link e.g. see question 4 (linked), but when I do it, the students can't go to the quiz because they don't have the permissions (preview). How can I link quizzes for students to reference? Thanks and regards

Russell

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Russell Thomson

Re: Linking quizzes

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Students definitely should not be be given permission to preview quizzes.

They shoud have permission mod/quiz:reviewmyattempts, but in addtion to that, you also need to look at the 'Review options' in the quiz settings. You have quite a lot of control about when students can look back at their quiz attempts, and how much they can see when they do.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Russell Thomson

Re: Linking quizzes

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

If you enable the Auto Name Linking filter, all you need is to type the Name is the quiz and it will convert to a link to a quiz. If your putting a link directly to a "question" from your own quiz "preview" then that is where you'll run into issues since a student needs to view their own quiz "attempt" or "review" (which is unique to each user) to see the questions.