configuration of server to host 2000 concurrent users

configuration of server to host 2000 concurrent users

by Kamal Parkash -
Number of replies: 3
please tell me the configuration of server to host 2000+ concurrent users. Tell me the configuration in case i want to use in house server. also tell me the specification in case i want to use server on cloud. which cloud provider should i prefer and why
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kamal Parkash

Re: configuration of server to host 2000 concurrent users

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
What resources have you found so far, so nobody wastes your time by telling you things you already know?
In reply to Kamal Parkash

Re: configuration of server to host 2000 concurrent users

by Brendon Hatcher -
Hi

I think a lot depends on the way in which you are going to use the Moodle.
If users are asynchronous, with no deadlines and no common usage profile, they'll be logging in and doing activities at random, and the server load will balance over time. In this can, it will be relatively easy to specify a server.

However, if 2000 users all try to submit an assignment in the 15 minutes before deadline, or everyone has to do the same activity at the same time, then the server is either going to to struggle, or be overkill for the remainder of the quiet time.

You may be better off with a VPS where you can scale resources without having to build a new server each time.

Unfortunately, this gives you a way to think about the issue, but not specific server specifications, sorry.

Regards
Brendon
Average of ratings: Useful (1)