Odd bug on single activity course format and scorm package

Odd bug on single activity course format and scorm package

by Stephen Ogden -
Number of replies: 0

On Moodle 3.8.4 (Build: 20200713)

We have a course using single activity format and a scorm package. The scorm package used to work on Moodle 3.6 and stopped working after we upgraded to Moodle 3.8.

When the scorm launches it doesn't show anything, but the console shows various javascript errors, suggesting they are missing characters from the end of the file. When I edit those files to add extra junk characters on the end (in a comment), those files start to work, with just the trailing few characters of my comment missing.

This happens for every file the scorm package contains, and I can't add extra characters on to the non-text files, such as fonts/images.

The exact same scorm package works when used within a normal course.

I've spotted a few other bugs on the bug tracker about pictures not working on single activity format... possibly related as they may be having some bytes trimmed from the end of the file too.

The weird bit is I have another VLE on the same version of Moodle where this error does not manifest.

Has anyone seen this sort of error before? Can anyone suggest anything I can look at to debug/fix this?

many thanks

Stephen

Average of ratings: -