Restricting access to a course category for a specific role

by Nikhil Bidi -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

I have a requirement wherein a specific course category contains courses meant for a specific set of users ex - internal staff and not for students and vice versa. We need to make this category only accessible to a specific role like a non-editing teacher and this role shouldn't access the courses meant for students. 

For this, we have created 2 categories Enago Training and Enago Academy. We have set permissions to them as well like Enago Training is accessible for role non-editing teacher but blocked for guests and Enago Academy is available for students or authenticated user but blocked for non-editing teacher as shown in the screenshots. But the student's courses are still accessible for non-editing teachers for some reason.

Enago Academy  Category Permissions

Enago Training Category Permissions

Can anyone please guide on how can we go about it or what am I missing here.

Thanks,
Nikhil

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nikhil Bidi

Re: Restricting access to a course category for a specific role

by David Keeler -
I would like to track this progress as well. I would like to further customize the viewable courses based on what you are enrolling as. They all have the role of a student/learner but I added an extra field in the enrollment process to say what you are enrolling as (paid vs. volunteer etc). I feel that is a better way to separate hidden/shown courses.
In reply to Nikhil Bidi

by Ross Lovell -
I'd be interested if you're able to find a solution for this. On my School's Moodle site we have a staff course category which we need to restrict so that the students can't access or see its contents unless they are part of our staff cohort.