Moodle Support - many questions

Moodle Support - many questions

by Rachael Gaunce -
Number of replies: 4

Hello!
I appreciate this forum, and have used it for some questions over the past year. We are at a point now, as a privately run company that we need more support. Are there any teams that can help with Moodle - or even someone that can be hired as our Moodle go to? We have many questions such as upgrading the system, adding teachers into the system to teach a course with their own students, security settings, and many others. We would just like to have someone that we can go to each time a question arise.

Please let me know if you know any options other than posting here with questions each time,

Thanks! 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rachael Gaunce

Re: Moodle Support - many questions

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Have you explored Moodle Partners?
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Rachael Gaunce -

I did briefly, but wasn't sure exactly how that worked with the companies

In reply to Rachael Gaunce

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Moodle Partners are certified by Moodle HQ the people who create Moodle itself. Typically they employ people with a lot of experience. I work for Moodle partner Titus, where people have racked up the equivalent of decades of experience with it. For example I have been working with it since 2003. I and some of the other Titus developers have code in core so you are already working with code we created. Although we are based in the UK we have clients all around the world so you don't need to limit yourself to your geographical locality.

I know that reads like an advert for Titus (and in a way it is), but other Moodle partners can claim similar things and my point is that if you want experts, Moodle partners employ Moodle experts.

Find out more here
https://moodle.com/partners

Another approach is to recruit an individual and you can advertise jobs for free here

https://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=54
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Marcus Green

by Rachael Gaunce -

Marcus,

Thank you so much for the information! Would you or anyone you know be willing to have a quick phone to discuss our needs and give advice for where to go from here?

Thanks!