Evaluating Moodle to replace existing LMS

Re: Evaluating Moodle to replace existing LMS

by Melanie Scott -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
I know this was over a month ago...but I was thinking...

You could also use the non-editing teacher role for people who need to see activity in a particular class for specific people by creating groups. You add all the people to the group and the person with the non-editing teacher role and they can only see the group they are assigned.

This is a course by course kind of thing...but you could create site or category level cohorts for each school or board (not sure exactly how that works for you) and then enroll the cohort in each required course. If you want to automatically populate the groups this way, it does require you to create the groups you want in each course (you can create a tiny csv and just upload them to each course in about 30 seconds, once you have the csv created), then when adding the cohort to the course, choose the group. I used to have 12 or 23 groups that I wanted for all my courses and every time I built or duplicated a course, I'd just grab my csv and dump it in, then the teachers would cohort enroll the people they wanted into the group.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)