Getting ERROR: Incorrect Number of query parameters. Expected 2, got 0. after migration.

Getting ERROR: Incorrect Number of query parameters. Expected 2, got 0. after migration.

by Mudabbir S -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,
I am using moodle version 3.5.1.

Migrated whole moodle site to another hosting. Now 2 out of 300 users, are reporting following error when they try to login

Strangely, I am able to login from my laptop using their credentials. They have tried different laptops, browsers after clearing cache, but no success. I cleared the website and moodle cache, still no gain.

Following is the screenshot of the errors they get when I enable debug mode in moodle. (Also attached herewith)

https://mega.nz/file/JNIGCbJD#E4DK7-kienCEsXJf3M5JujBg1bzUCWpVfRbXaLfui2E

Could you please help identify the issue.

Kind regards.

Attachment moodle_error.jpeg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mudabbir S

Re: Getting ERROR: Incorrect Number of query parameters. Expected 2, got 0. after migration.

by Leon Stringer -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

This looks like a known bug in the Visitor Counter block. It may be due to this plugin not handling IPv6 addresses.

Moving the blocks/counter subfolder out of the Moodle source code folder should work around the issue and allow access to the site.

Note: Moodle 3.5.1, released July 2018, is over two years behind the latest update for security and bug fixes, Moodle 3.5.14, released September 2020.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Leon Stringer

Re: Getting ERROR: Incorrect Number of query parameters. Expected 2, got 0. after migration.

by Mudabbir S -

Thank you very much Leon!

Solution provided by you worked very well.

All students who were facing issue are now able to login.

So nice of you.

Regards.